1/1 Photo of Orange and Mozzarella Towers With Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
These towers are layered baby lettuce, oranges and mozzarella cheese and the orange balsamic vinaigrette is awesome! Recipe courtesy of Sunkist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 oranges, sliced into 1/4 inch slices lightly grilled
- 12 baby lettuce leaves
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/4-inch thick)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, chopped
Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette (use 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1To make each portion:.
- 2Place 3 baby lettuce leaves on each of 4 salad plates.
- 3On each plate, place 1 mozzarella slice on lettuce, top with 1 orange slice and 1 basil leaf.
- 4Repeat process with a second mozzarella slice, second orange slice and second basil leaf.
- 5Finish with a third mozzarella slice, orange slice and basil leaf.
- 6Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette, sprinkle with fresh black pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest.
- 7Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette:.
- 8Combine orange juice and balsamic vinegar and whisk to blend.
- 9Continue whisking and slowly add olive oil into mixture until smooth.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange and Mozzarella Towers With Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 553.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g