Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These towers are layered baby lettuce, oranges and mozzarella cheese and the orange balsamic vinaigrette is awesome! Recipe courtesy of Sunkist.
- 4 oranges, sliced into 1/4 inch slices lightly grilled
- 12 baby lettuce leaves
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/4-inch thick)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, chopped
Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette (use 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- To make each portion:.
- Place 3 baby lettuce leaves on each of 4 salad plates.
- On each plate, place 1 mozzarella slice on lettuce, top with 1 orange slice and 1 basil leaf.
- Repeat process with a second mozzarella slice, second orange slice and second basil leaf.
- Finish with a third mozzarella slice, orange slice and basil leaf.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette, sprinkle with fresh black pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest.
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette:.
- Combine orange juice and balsamic vinegar and whisk to blend.
- Continue whisking and slowly add olive oil into mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.