Recipe by Jostlori
I love that this recipe is different (and hopefully more authentic) than the others posted here - as it uses ras el hanout as the spice. The freshness of this would be great with anything spicy. PREP TIME DOESN'T INCLUDE REFRIGERATION TIME.
- 6 navel oranges
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 8 dates, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 ounces slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix (or cinnamon if not available)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the oranges, removing all the pith. Section them by cutting away all the membranes. Place the segments in a bowl and squeeze the juice from the remainder of the orange over them.
- Add the orange blossom water and stir gently to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place the segments and the juice on a large flat dish and scatter the dates and almonds over the top. Sprinkle the mint and ras el hanout over the orange segments. Serve chilled.