Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious Moroccan salad! This recipe comes from "Cocina Marroqui" by Anne Wilson.
- 6 oranges
- 8 dates, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon mint leaf, chopped
- ground cinnamon
- Peel oranges and slice into rounds.
- Arrange orange rounds on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with dates and almonds.
- Sprinkle with orange water, and garnish with mint leaves and ground cinnamon.
We've got one of these holidays coming up this weekend where you eat a lot of dried fruit and nuts. I'm invited to a special dinner and have to bring a salad. Last night I had a test run and I do believe I have found the perfect salad for this holiday! I used Medjool dates that are locally grown down by the Dead Sea, gorgeously huge and sweet! Not a fan of orange water, so I used just a few drops of Cointreau for a kick. This was a hit with all testers last night (2 Dornettes and assorted neighbors), this is going to be a great hit this weekend!