Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was surprised I hadn't shared this recipe yet. We have this several times a year. Though it calls for sliced cooked turkey I usually use deli turkey sliced for sandwiches. You can use packaged. turkey gravy mix prepared directly in the skillet. Easily doubles, we love poultry seasoning so I always add more than whats listed.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can turkey gravy
- 1⁄2 lb sliced cooked turkey
- 4 slices bread (toasted) or 4 slices split biscuits
- In a skillet melt the butter, add the vegetables with the poultry seasoning.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the gravy, heat to boiling.
- Add the turkey. Heat through.
- Arrange turkey and gravy on the toast.
I put a little margarine with water in a microwave save bowl, add the vegetables until almost tender, then transfer to skillet with seasoning, gravy and turkey.Good on toast and mashed potatoes!. A keeper!