1/4 Photos of Open Faced Crab Sandwiches
My ds likes these with extra shredded cheese sprinkled over the top before broiling.Recipe source: Simply Seafood (Winter 1991)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (for sprinkling on top) (optional)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (reduced calorie is fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or (to taste) or 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In a bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, cheese, mayonnaisse and cayenne (or hot pepper sauce).
- 3Slice tomatoes into eight slices.
- 4On a baking sheet or broiler pan place English muffin halves and broil 3-4 inches from heat until golden (3-5 minutes); remove from oven.
- 5Place a tomato slice on each muffin half and top with crab mixture (about 1/2 cup per muffin half)and then sprinkle with extra shredded cheese, if desired.
- 6Return to oven and broil until cheese browns. (3-5 minutes).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Faced Crab Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 793.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sourdough English muffins