Recipe by Mareesme
I developed this recipe after seeing one that was similar, but did not have tomatoes, scallions and green pepper in it. My husband normally does not like feta cheese very much, but really liked the tang it gave this dish. The dish is as colorful and eye-pleasing as it is tasty. I hope you enjoy this!
Top Review by Rene'
I love this chicken! I've made it for company a couple times and they've gone home with the recipe. I make it with Couscous & a salad. I think making the salad is more involved than the chicken! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 roma tomato, chopped fine (approx. 1/2 C)
- 2 small scallions, very thinly sliced (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking pan with small amount of vegetable cooking spray.
- Randomly pierce chicken breasts with a fork to absorb lemon juice.
- Sprinkle 2 T lemon juice over chicken breasts, then season with salt and pepper.
- Top evenly with feta cheese, green pepper, chopped tomatoes and scallions, reserving a portion of green stems for garnishing later.
- Drizzle with remaining lemon juice.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 40-45 minutes until cooked through.
- Before serving, sprinkle with diced scallion greens and chopped parsley. If desired, a small amount of additional lemon juice can be drizzled over dish.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter and green vegetable of your choice. We like cut green beans sprinkled with a little oregano and melted butter.