Recipe by Beachbunnymom
I was just experimenting on the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe and these turned out awesome!
Top Review by KennKonn
These are very good, simple cookies to make. They taste great and the kids love them. The baking instructions are right on. They have stayed nice and soft in the jar. These are in the keeper file. Thanks.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml butter flavor shortening
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml oats
- 236.59 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, butter flavored shortening, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix until everything is just blended. Make sure not to overmix.
- Add oats and raisins, stir w/ a wooden spoon.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.