2 hrs 55 mins
- In a cup, combine yeast, warm water and 1 tsp sugar. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Stir well.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Add half the flour and beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is stiff.
- Turn out onto a well-floured board.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in a plastic bowl and cover.
- Let dough rise in a warm place until double in bulk. This may take 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15x20 inch rectangle.
- To prepare filling----------.
- Spread dough with half cup butter.
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins.
- Roll up and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Coat bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking pan and an 8 inch square pan with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans.
- Let rise in a warm place until dough is doubled in bulk i.e. for about 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place all ingredients except for pecans.
- Melt these ingredients on range top.
- Mix in pecans and then pour over the top of rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.