1/3 Photos of Onion Zucchini Bread
A hearty bread for serving with soup. It is low in added fat; however, the zucchini makes it moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 9 inch round baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl, combine the flour, onion 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil, egg substitute or eggs.
- 5Add the shredded zucchini to the milk mixture, stir to blend.
- 6Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- 7Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 517.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g