Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from Australian women's magazine.
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 50 g butter
- 3 onions, thinky sliced
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Line pastry into a 23cm tart pan. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line pastry shell with baking paper, fill with baking weights and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and paper; bake for another 5 minutes.
- Fry up onions and butter over low heat, covered, about 15 minutes. Remove the cover and cook another 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, caraway seeds and cream. Then stir in slightly cooled onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into the cooked pastry shell and bake 40-45 minutes or until set @ 190°C Serve warm with a green salad.