1/5 Photos of Onion Soup With a Crust (Kuoritettu Sipulikeitto)
Based on a recipe from Beatrice Ojakangas’ book, The Finnish Cookbook. The Finnish version of French onion soup, mais oui?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a heavy pot over medium heat, brown the onions in the butter.
- 3Add the beef broth and bay leaf.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- 6Remove bay leaf.
- 7Pour the soup into an ovenproof casserole and cover with the bread slices.
- 8Sprinkle cheese over bread slices.
- 9Bake in preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is slightly browned.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Soup With a Crust (Kuoritettu Sipulikeitto)
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 1343.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.7 g