Recipe by C & D's Mommy
A tasty side dish! Easy to make! I have a terra cotta flower pot (unused for planting of course) that has no drainage hole at the bottom that I use to cook these. It can also be done on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish. (that's how easy it is, you can make it just about any way you want.) I use half white skinned potatoes and half red. Looks nicer!
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes well (Scrub if keeping the skins on. The skins add colour and more nutrition, so I prefer to leave them on, but if you don't like skin, the recipe works just as well).
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes and toss until well coated.
- Pour into casserole dish (or whatever other type of dish you want ~ see above in the description).
- Cook covered for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F. Stir a few times while cooking to help prevent sticking. (if cooking on a baking sheet, no need to cover.).