Recipe by ChipotleChick
Delicious with a nice hearty bowl of soup or pasta! Prep time includes rising time.
Top Review by Jewelies
Very nice, tasty baguettes. I added more flour as I felt the dough was quite wet. Loved the poppy seeds throughout the bread. I felt the egg mixture made the crust quite crunchy which was nice. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure ingredients carefully, placing all except egg yolks and 1 tablespoon water into bread machine loaf pan in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Select dough/manual cycle.
- Do not use delay.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn greased side up.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- (dough is ready when indentation remains when touched) Grease a cookie sheet.
- Punch down dough and roll into a 16x12 rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough crosswise in half.
- Roll up wach half dough tightly, beginning at 12 inch side.
- Pinch edge of dough to seal.
- Taper ends slightly.
- Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet, make 3 or 4 diagonal slashes in each loaf.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until double.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush over tops of loaves.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool on wire rack.