Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great one dish meal that I've been eating since I was a kid. This can be paired with any number of vegetables for a complete meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 3 cups uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can onion soup
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) soup cans water
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion until tender; drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
This really has ALOT of potential. First of all easy-peasy to make, however it is bland. Young children will adore it, I looked and couldn't find an onion piece from the french onion soup!!! I would spice up the ground beef with garlic and salt and pepper...generously. I may even experiment with a few herbs besides parsley for color. In an attempt to get the appearance to appeal more to my picky teenage son, I stirred in a 2 heaping tablespoons of light sour cream for a creamier texture that he prefers...it worked like a charm for him. I think the flavors will intensify upon standing, so if made ahead of time it may not be so bland. I was asked to make this again....ALWAYS a good sign!