Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
a very good gravy from beef broth...
- 88.74 ml kerry irish gold butter
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 411.06 g canorganic chicken stock
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in the melted butter until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and cook until onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Stir flour into the caramelized onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour red wine, chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce into the onion mixture; simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.