Recipe by Terri F.
I found this recipe on the internet, modified it a little to my taste. It's very simple, but everyone seems to like it.
Top Review by teaser424
VERY delicious and yummy!...I added green peppers and tomatoes in the pan with the onions and mixed it all together. I also added shrimp to the mix and let it boil then mixed the linguini in...EASY AND GOOD!!
- 2 large Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb cooked linguine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown onions in olive oil and butter.
- Add garlic, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add basil, pepper, and chicken stock and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add onion garlic mixture to linguini and heat through.
- Add parmesan cheese, toss and serve.