Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This would be good on any kind of white-meat pork (chops, tenderloin) but may also be good on chicken.
- 2 medium gala apples, sliced thin (peel is optional)
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons chicken or 5 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Carmilize onion in a few tablespoons each olive oil and butter until lightly brown (8-10 minutes).
- Add celery, cook a few minutes then add Dijon mustard, pepper, and rosemary.
- Add apples and cook until soft.
- Finish with stock or broth and simmer until ready to eat.
- Serve on top pork or chicken.
This was a most wonderful accompaniment to pork chops! I cooked the chops right in the same pan and the apples, celery and onions cooked down. Made for PAC Spring 2013