Recipe by MA HIKER
I love lasagna but don't always have time to boil the noodles and assemble the casserole. This couldn't be easier; all done in one skillet; great lasagna taste. Easy and yum!
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (mine was shredded but you could use the canned)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta, divided
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In Medium bowl mix ricotta, water, salt, parmesan and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Brown meat in large skillet set over medium-high heat until it's no longer pink, about 5 minutes, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Drain any fat, if needed.
- Add zucchini.
- Stir in 2 cups of pasta sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Top the mixture with 2 lasagna noodles, set in the center. Break 2 more noodles into medium sized pieces and fill in the edges.
- Gently spread the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Lay on the remaining two noodles (I used a bit more to cover it like before).
- Pour the rest of the sauce into the skillet and spread it evenly, then sprinkle on the remaining cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the skillet and simmer the lasagna over medium-low heat until the noodles
- are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let lasagna cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the lasagna into squares and serve.