Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
something i want to try
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons moroccan seasoning, mix
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, bone in, skinless
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 grated lemon, juice and rind of
- 4 potatoes, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 150 g baby green beans, tailed
- Heat half of oil in a flameproof casserole or frying pan with a lid on medium. Cook onion, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring, until soft and starting to brown. Stir through moroccan seasoning and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on high. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side, until browned. Return onion to pan and pour over stock, lemon rind and juice. Season to taste. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low.
- Scatter potato around chicken, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Add beans and simmer, covered, for another 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve chicken and vegetables with pan sauce spooned over.
So easy and so flavorful. I used a family size package of chicken tenders and my own Ras-El-Hanout (Moroccan Spice Blend). I couldn't find baby green beans so just cut the regulars into thirds. Made for Aussie RS#29.
Yum! I was working night shift for all of the weekend and I wanted something quick and easy to make before I headed off for a sleep, this was perfect. I had to make one change, I used chicken breast instead of chicken thigh fillets, because it was all I had at home. I would of preferred chicken thighs because it's a much more tender cut. Hubby re-heated it when it was time to eat and the flavours really enhanced. Next time I will try this in my Tagine. Thank you Sonya01