Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, delicious weeknight meal that adults and kids like, and very little clean-up.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage (I use turkey sausage)
- 2 small bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups converted rice (uncooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Break apart beef and sausage in a large frying pan.
- Add vegetables and cook all over medium heat til meat is no longer pink.
- Drain the fat.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.