Recipe by Not So Good Cook
Easy to prepare, easy to clean up! (My kind of recipe). We had this with steamed broccoli flavored with fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Top Review by moe13a
SO GOOD & EASY!!! I used egg before the breadcrumbs and i didn't have cornmeal around so I used flour. This Chicken was so MOIST. I also used spaghetti sauce instead tomato sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 cup tomato sauce, bottled, any flavor
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Mix breadcrumbs and cornmeal (cornmeal adds a nice texture) and press chicken in crumbs, evenly coating both sides.
- Line baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake chicken for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon sauce over the meat, using as much or as little as you like. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts.