Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to prepare, easy to clean up! (My kind of recipe). We had this with steamed broccoli flavored with fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 cup tomato sauce, bottled, any flavor
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Mix breadcrumbs and cornmeal (cornmeal adds a nice texture) and press chicken in crumbs, evenly coating both sides.
- Line baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake chicken for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon sauce over the meat, using as much or as little as you like. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts.
SO GOOD & EASY!!! I used egg before the breadcrumbs and i didn't have cornmeal around so I used flour. This Chicken was so MOIST. I also used spaghetti sauce instead tomato sauce.
ohh this is heavenly delicious!! I altered it just a tiny bit and put that version on my food blog =) http://rockinldschefs.blogspot.com/ I added parsley to the finished product and to the bread crumbs. I also used Italian bread crumbs and I used spaghetti sauce and sliced mozzarella.
This was great. When I make it again I probably will just use spaghetti sauce, I used marinara. I also might use a little egg on the chicken to hold the breakcrumbs on. My husband is fussy about his chicken parm & he really liked it. I loved how juicy & tender the chicken was. Had it over spaghetti with some asparagus, salad & foccacia. Yummy.