Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the meat and potato lover in your home, try this simple meal in a skillet. Delicious, satisfying and perfect for the hurried cook and hungry family.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, sliced thin
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly-sliced rings
- 1 cup button mushroom, halved
- 1 lb chicken thigh, cut into thin strips (boneless and skinless)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash kosher salt
- fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed non-stick skillet over a medium flame.
- Add potatoes, onion, mushrooms, and chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle with garlic and onion powders. Add salt.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley; serve family-style -- STRAIGHT FROM THE SKILLET!
- Serve with a dish of steamed green vegetables or a tossed green salad.
Although this meal was easy to make, I thought the directions could use some improvements. First, although I cooked everything together, I found that the chicken finished way before the potatoes. As a result, I ended up taking the chicken out and continued to cook the potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes. Also, I thought it needed more seasoning so I ended up adding 1 tsp thyme and 1 tsp rosemary.