Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an excellent, delectable loaf cake with a delicate flavor and a wonderful texture. It's perfect when you want something easy, fast, and you happen to be low on ingredients. I doubt you'd have any complaints with this one.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); grease and flour an 8x4" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- With a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in butter.
- Break the egg into a measuring cup and then fill to the 1 cup line with milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts and beat until well-blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I've made this loaf several times and have been very happy with it. It's very easy to make and the texture and flavour are exactly what I'm looking for. As 'Rickie' said, the baking time was 50 min. and not the 30 min. mentioned in the recipe. Thank you 'Charmed'. It's a keeper.
This was super easy to do; quick .. and delicious. The texture and flavor were jusr right. I followed the recipe exactly -- with the exception of cooking time. It took about 50 minutes in my oven at 350 deg. However, well worth the wait! I will make this often. :)