Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Martha Stewart Living magazine, spring 2009.
Make and share this One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire racks and let cool. Will keep, covered for up to 3 days.
- To make the frosting: Beat butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, add sugar 1/2 c at a time, beating after each addition about 5 minutes. (After every 2 additions, increase speed to high, and beat for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to medium-high). Add vanilla and beat until buttercream is smooth. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. (Bring to room temp and beat on low speed until smooth before using).