One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So easy to make and great reviews from my family of taste-testers. Described as being fluffy and moist whilst not overly rich and "I could eat ten of these!". Decorated to be mini ice-cream sundaes for an 18th birthday celebration. I didn't have buttermilk, so substituted regular milk with a tablespoon of white vinegar added. A super easy to make, dark, light and moist cupcake. My cakes rose to have a lovely rounded top- perfect for my decorating needs. Definitely a make again recipe for us. Photo to be posted also
see 5 more reviews
Easy recipe to follow, and a bonus is that it can be hand mixed (I don't have an electric mixer). I had to substitute Safflower for Sunflower oil as I didn't have any but it made no difference. They came out moist, however some had a volcanic damp peak but were perfectly cooked inside. My mix was able to make 21 - not sure if this is down to the change in oil used or that the cupcake liners were small inside. Regardless these were a big success, my 3 year old daughter loved them, and I am a terrible baker, this is the first set of chocolate cakes I have made without ruining, My husband said the texture was the best homemade cake texture he had ever tasted. they bounce back in your mouth as you chew. I give it 5 stars due to this :) Thank you for posting this recipe.