- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients (it’s helpful to have the buttermilk at about room temperature) and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 14-16 minutes at 350F, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.