Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Easy cupcakes to make and eat :P
Make and share this One-Bowl Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients (it’s helpful to have the buttermilk at about room temperature) and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 14-16 minutes at 350F, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
The batter was really thick, but not to worry, they still bake up beautifully. I filled the liners 2/3 full and got 17 cupcakes. We topped half with buttercream icing and the other half with a fudge icing.
Did not like these much. The apple cider vinegar flavor came out too strong and the chocolate was too weak. I agree with the Breezytoo that if I'd try these again, I'd up the amount of cocoa. Mine also baked and were sunk in the middle. Not sure if that meant the baking time should've been longer. It was just a little strange.
So delicious - I made a peanut butter frosting to top them with, and it tasted just like a Reese's! Thanks for sharing!