Recipe by Sexy_Chef
My grandmother always made this when we visited and it is to die for! Loaded with calories but worth every bite! ENJOY!
Top Review by 839181
Would you like some soup with that meringue? Seriously, I followed the instructions verbatim and got lemon meringue soup. Plus it tasted really strange. All my ingredients were good, so I have to assume it's the recipe. I'm definitely not going to make this recipe ever again.
- 1 (500 g) packet Marie biscuits
- 150 g margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 egg whites (from seperated eggs)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush biscuits and mix with margarine to form a biscuit base for your pie.
- Beat all of the filling ingredients together and fill the pie shell.
- Beat egg whites and sugar till stiff peaks are formed.
- Layer egg whites onto filling and form peaks with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool then refrigerate.