Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother always made this when we visited and it is to die for! Loaded with calories but worth every bite! ENJOY!
- Crush biscuits and mix with margarine to form a biscuit base for your pie.
- Beat all of the filling ingredients together and fill the pie shell.
- Beat egg whites and sugar till stiff peaks are formed.
- Layer egg whites onto filling and form peaks with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool then refrigerate.
Would you like some soup with that meringue? Seriously, I followed the instructions verbatim and got lemon meringue soup. Plus it tasted really strange. All my ingredients were good, so I have to assume it's the recipe. I'm definitely not going to make this recipe ever again.