1/2 Photos of Omg Delicious Cinnamon Pickled Cucumber Rings Cukes
These are the best! If you like sweet pickles, move over kosher! These are incredible (and addictive). Sweet and crunchy. The only problem is I can never make enough. everyone wants a jar! Perfect! So worth the time and effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 gallons cucumbers, sliced (best to use overripe cucumbers that have gotten large and yellowed at the end of the season...the la)
- 2 cups pickling lime (calcium hydroxide)
- 1 tablespoon alum
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 14 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- 1Peel cucumbers and slice about 1/4"-1/2" thick.
- 2Remove the seeds by cutting a circle out of the middle.
- 3They will be donut shaped.
- 4Soak in 8 1/2 quarts of water and 2 cups of pickling lime for 24 hours.
- 5Wash and drain slices very well.
- 6Cover with cold water and soak for 3 hours.
- 7Place cukes, alum, food coloring, 1 cup vinegar, and enough water to cover the cukes in a large pot.
- 8Simmer for 2 hours.
- 9Drain and throw away solution.
- 10Melt red hots in 2 cups water.
- 11Mix red hot solution, 2 c vinegar 8 cinnamon sticks, and sugar and heat until hot; bring to a near boil.
- 12Pour mixture over cucumbers.
- 13Let sit until next day.
- 14For 2 mornings, remove cucumbers and heat solution. DO NOT THROW AWAY SOLUTION.
- 15Pour hot solution back over cucumbers.
- 16Sit until next morning.
- 17On third morning, heat solution with cucumbers included.
- 18Do not boil!
- 19Place cucumbers in jars while hot and seal!
- 20Refrigerate after jars reach room temperature.
- 21Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omg Delicious Cinnamon Pickled Cucumber Rings Cukes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 98.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: