Recipe by Derf
Easy tasty veggie omelet , just enough for two. Nice with salsa served at the table.
Top Review by Bergy
Excellent omelet - I did take some liberties - for the veggies I used some left over Black Bean Tomato salsa - The ingredients were almost the same with added black beans & cilantro. I cut the recipe back to two eggs and it was wonderful Thanks Derf for a lovely Sunday brunch
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium non stick fry pan with veggie spray; add green onion, green and red pepper, salt & pepper and celery; saute over medium heat 'til onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs together until frothy, add to veggies in fry pan, swirl until surface of fry pan is covered. Lift egg mixture and allow egg to run under.
- Place tomato slices around edge of pan in a circle, cook 2 or 3 minutes. Lift egg mixture around edge of pan; when edges are dry, lift one half over the other half, cook for 2 minutes more.
- Cut omelet in half through the middle; serve immediately.