Recipe by Latchy
This is a great with a good tomato soup. I picked this recipe up from a Family Circle Magazine. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to rise.
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups plain flour (600g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups pitted black olives (250g)
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (50g)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 375 ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast, sugar& 125ml warm water in a bowl.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes, or until frothy.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add frothy yeast, oil and 250ml of warm water.
- Mix to a soft dough and gather into a ball.
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour until well risen.
- Process the olives, parmesan and garlic in a food processor until chopped.
- With motor running add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and process to a paste.
- Punch down the dough and knead for 1 minute.
- Roll out to a rectangle 42 x 35 cm.
- Spread with olive paste leaving a plain strip along one of the long sides.
- Roll up lengthwise, ending with the plain long side.
- Cut into 12 slices and place close together on a greased baking tray.
- Cover with damp tea towel and set aside for 30 minutes, or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.