Recipe by True Texas
From my old "Tex-Mex" recipe collection. These are some recipes I found in the '70's.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped (mild)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sour cream; chilies and salt. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole layer in this order; half the rice, sour cream mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, half the olives, remaining rice and Cheddar cheese.
- Place remaining olives in a circle on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.