1 hr 30 mins
A childhood favorite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 12 dates, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Brush 9-inch cake pan with olive oil.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; stir in couscous.
- 4Whisk olive oil and rose water in another medium bowl.
- 5Beat egg yolks, eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl until thick pale yellow; stir in orange peel.
- 6Fold the flour mixture and the olive oil mixture into the egg mixture alternating between the two.
- 7Pour the batter into the pan- tap gently to eliminate any air bubbles.
- 8Bake cake until it is medium-dark brown and toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (approx 45 mins).
- 9Cool on a cake rack for 30 mins.
- 10Turn out onto a serving plate.
- 11(Can be made a day ahead and stored covered at room temperature).
- 12To serve:.
- 13Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- 14cut cake into wedges.
- 15Drizzle cake with date syrup, cream and fresh sliced dates.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oil and Couscous Cake With Cream and Date Syup
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.5
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 271.8 mg
- Sodium 322.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: