1/7 Photos of Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Parmigiana
Need I say more? Olive Garden, great, tasty Italian food for the whole family. My family loves this super easy and Delish recipe. COOKS NOTES: Leftover cheese filling may be kept in refrigerator for 2 weeks or frozen up to 3 months. Also makes good filling for manicotti. If using flat cookie sheet...be sure to form a "rim" so that melted shortening doesn't run off. Using foil helps with clean up:)NOTE: This is an adopted recipe and now that I have tried it myself I can only say: full credit to the previous owner for a wonderful recipe, I am lucky indeed to have become Mama to this one. Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can kraft romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups kraft parmesan cheese (may use any brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pasta sauce (marinara style sauce)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup Crisco or 1/4 cup shortening
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Wash chicken breasts, do not dry, and slit lengthwise, almost through -- to make a pocket.
- 2Combine ricotta, Romano, Parmesan, basil, thyme and oregano in mixing bowl. It will be crumbly.
- 3Stuff into pocket of chicken, leaving a small "edge" to seal. Using egg white, rub around edge and pinch to seal. Or may use toothpicks, but be sure to remove before serving.
- 4Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and melt butter and Crisco in oven at 350 degrees -- about 5 minutes.
- 5Dredge wet chicken in breadcrumbs, coating well, and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 6Turn chicken and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7While baking, heat pasta sauce until hot. Remove chicken from oven and spoon hot pasta sauce over each.
- 8Before serving, top with grated, fresh Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1173.2
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.6 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 257.9 mg
- Sodium 2693.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 82.5 g