1 hr 30 mins
Copycat Recipe of Olive Garden Lasagna Classico. My wife loves this version of lasagna. Every special occasion, we had to go to Olive Garden, just for the Lasagna and breadsticks
My Private Note
13x9 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, plus extra for coating beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 leaves basil, finely chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon oregano, Chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) box dry lasagna noodles
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Grated
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot on high heat. Add the beef and coat it with pepper. Cook through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the beef from the pot and add in the onions, peppers, 1/2 of the garlic, and herbs. Turn the heat to medium and cook the vegetables until soft. Add in the tomato sauce and paste. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 1 hour.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 3Add the dry lasagna to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Remove and place on baking sheet coated with olive oil. Toss the pasta to coat it completely.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5In a bowl, mix the ricotta and Parmesan well. In a 9 by 12-inch baking dish, begin laying down the pasta. Smooth on a layer of the cheese mixture and spoon on meat sauce. Add another layer of pasta and repeat this process until you reach the top of the dish. The final layer should be cheese mixture and fresh mozzarella.
- 6Cover with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and let brown for 15 more minutes.
- 7To serve, spoon on meat sauce on a warm plate. Place a large square of lasagna on the pool of sauce. Top with Parmesan and a basil leaf.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Lasagna Classico
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 960.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 21.2 g