Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a black olive lovers dream!!! Has a very nice appearance with the contrast of the black olives and red bell pepper. One of my favorites. Adapted from BA
- 12 ounces pitted whole ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 large garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf French baguette
- red bell pepper, roasted (can be purchased in a jar)
- Blend olives, oil, pine nuts, and garlic in a processor. Season with salt and pepper (can be made one week ahead and refrigerated).
- Cut bell pepper into slices and set aside.
- Slice French bread into slices on a diagonal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, 10 minutes.
- Spread olive paste on toasts. Top with bell pepper slices.