Recipe by True Texas
From a little cookbook from Decatur Senior Citizens. Everyone loves Taco Salad in Texas.
Top Review by lazyme
We really enjoyed this salad. It was simple and tasty. I used a green taco sauce but think that I might have liked salsa instead. Really nice lunch. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 793.78 g nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips or 793.78 g corn chips
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 226.79 g jar taco sauce
- 226.79 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Chop or shred lettuce and tomatoes.
- Without opening bag, squeeze the chips until they have crumbled into bite-size pieces.
- Mix taco sauce and sour cream. (or Catalina dressing can be used) and combine all ingredients.
- Stir well to mix.
- Serve at room temperature.