Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family favorite especially when looking for a low-fat reduced calorie Mexican dish that is easy. I found it on the Web. 5 Weight Watcher points
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 ounces tostitos light tortilla chips
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 10 1⁄2 ounces reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 12 1⁄2 ounces cooked chicken breasts
- Combine salsa, milk, chilies, soup, cheese and chicken in saucepan.
- Heat until cheese is melted. Fill a 9x13 casserole with tortilla chips.
- Pour sauce over chips and bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
I also used corn tortillas, mexicorn,and shredded lowfat mexican cheese. Yummy!!!
We love this! I actually have this same recipe posted and didnt realize it till now. Iam putting the review on yours though because I made it a little different with the help of your reviewers. I used the chips on the bottom and layered some cooked brown rice over them(nice touch). To the sauce mix I added a can of corn and a can of black beans.It was delicious! Thanks for sharing.:)
This was pretty tasty. Though to be fair I liked it a lot with the changes I made. My changes: I used 3 corn tortillas (1pt ea)torn up to cover the bottom of sprayed pan instead of using tostitos. I added about 2 cups of Birdseye Southwestern Vegetables that have corn, black beans, peppers, onions...I used 2% reduced fat evap. milk. I also added a little cumin and some oregano. Instead of Velveeta I used an 8 oz bag of 2% shredded Mexican Cheese. It was really good. Whole family loved it. Next time I may add some cooked brown rice. 1/8 of what I made was 6 pts. I guess I would say this recipe was the inspiration.