Ww Chicken Taco Casserole Ww 4
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- canola oil cooking spray (3 sprays)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- low-fat sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- diced green pepper (optional)
- Lightly spray pan with oil and brown ground turkey. Mix Tabasco with the tomato sauce and pour over the browned turkey. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Spray bottom of 9 x 9 casserole (with lid) and cover with the tortilla shells. I tear them and place them so they cover the entire bottom.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on the shells, spread refried beans over the cheese and then top the beans with your turkey and tomato mixture.
- Cover the top with the crushed chips and remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake until the cheese is bubbly. Remove the lid and let the cheese brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Great topped with lettuce, sour cream, salsa, diced peppers and onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I came upon this recipe and it looks great, I will probable try it. But, I just want people aware that Food.com is not adding in the tortilla's or the refried beans (which are packed full of points), when calculating the nutritional facts, which is where the 4 pts are coming from, it seems to me at least!!!
see 5 more reviews
*Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3* I eat a gluten-free diet so I made this recipe as stated, except I used corn tortillas instead of the wheat. I made the chicken option. I think that the corn tortillas were a little difficult to slice. I think that slicing would not be a problem with wheat tortillas as they are softer. I think some onion and maybe some capsicum/peppers in the chicken would be a nice addition. Giving 4 stars as was a good recipe. I really liked the crushed corn chips and cheese topping
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a step-mother of one 12 year old boy who will be a teen this summer (07). My family lives in the town my DH and I were born in, population 5000. By day I work in customer service, but in my spare time I am a chef, artist and photographer. Well... I play at those things, anyway. To date my DH and I have lost 75lbs combined on Weight Watchers, so I have joined to pick up some new low fat recipes to add to my collection. My biggest love in life, aside from my human family, are my dogs. I work for a dog rescue org. and love every minute of it. <br /> <br />We adopted Angel from the local Humane Society. Her mom was rescued from an abusive owner while pregnant with Angel's litter. She is a terrier mix and is wild as they come. She is easily the happiest dog I have ever met. She's smart, too. She loves to steal Gizmo's toys and hide them from him. <br /><img src=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/alkite/100_0112.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br />Gizmo was rescued from a breeder by our neighbor's kids. They discovered that Basenjis are a handful, however, and when their work schedules were increased they needed to find him a new home. We have fallen in love with him, in all his haughty ways. He has a great sense of humor and is the oddest dog I have ever owned. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/alkite/100_0037.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br />Participation Awards <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= width=75% /> <br /><img src=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/potscrubber/teambanner1.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt= width=50% /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/cookbookswap.jpg alt= width=50% /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>