Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This goes great on just about everything. It's from New Mexico. Use more or less chile as you like.
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups roasted green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat shortening in a heavy skillet or dutch oven on medium heat.
- Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add everything else and simmer for at least 20 minutes.