Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is like a soft, delicious sugar cookie I'm sure you'll enjoy!
Make and share this Old Timey Tea Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Cream margarine and sugar together well.
- Add eggs; cream well.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Stir in dry ingredients and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons.
- onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees until done.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool then store in a tin or airtight container.
I agree with one of the reviewer's critiques about the directions needing to be swapped in order, BUT the cookies are just so dang tasty that I can't take away a star. I'm super picky about my sugar cookies and usually get disappointed, but the first time I made these (over 10 years ago for bribery during a high school English presentation) they set a standard that has been difficult to match since. I just made them again for the first time in too long and was delighted with the results - soft, fluffy, and sweet. Add to that easy and fairly quick? Yes please!
These are so good. My boys loved them!
I haven't made this yet, but I plan to. Sugar is treated as a liquid. I learned that watching Alton Brown!