"Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina's Note:
I was craving this restaurant's tomato basil soup today, but have only five bucks to my name. So I decided to try and make it with the ingredients that I had on hand. The result was very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients, except for cream in a large soup pot.
- 2Simmer for 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- 3Allow soup to cool a bit (until it's no longer hot to the touch), then whisk in the cream.
- 4Reheat slowly to serving temperature, and serve with chiffonaded fresh basil, if available.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Man Rafferty's Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 429.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato paste with basil and garlic