1/2 Photos of Old-Fashioned Sultana Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A simple sultana cake that keeps well or can be frozen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C and grease a 20cm square or round cake tin.
- 2Pick over the sultanas to remove any stem- nothing worse than a crunch in your cake.
- 3Place sultanas in a saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring to the boil and then drain off the water. Return sultanas to saucepan.
- 4Stir in the chopped butter and set aside the sultanas to cool.
- 5Beat together the eggs, essence and sugar. Then add in the sultanas.
- 6Add your flour and baking powder to another mixing bowl and aerate with a kitchen whisk (or you can sift them together).
- 7Stir the flour into the sultana mix.
- 8Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Sultana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g