photo by awildpuppet
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Put all sultanas in a large pot and cover with water, boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Strain sultanas in a colander then put sultanas back in pot.
- Add butter, stir and leave to cool.
- beat eggs in with the sugar then add to sultana mix then add essence, 2 large cups plain flour and the baking powder.
- Mix well with wooden spoon till combined.
- Line 9x9in cake tin (or other suitable tin)with greased paper on bottom and sides.
- Bake in 190 celsius oven for 30-45 mins till knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Ice with one layer of almond icing and one layer of royal icing and decorate as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!