Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful combination of rice pudding and custard. I have made this many times and have a hard time just eating one serving.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine rice and 2 cups milk.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over boiling water until rice is tender and most of milk has evaporated, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in butter.
- Beat eggs; blend in sugar, vanilla, salt and remaining 2 cups milk.
- Stir into the hot rice mixture.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 2 quart casserole and top with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bake at 350* for 50 minutes or until firm.