Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cafemon site.
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
- Fry 5-6 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown.
Flour is not as flavorful as matzo meal, and increasing the onion to at least 1/2 c brings it to life.