Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Yummy & delicious stick to your ribs breakfast!
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup raisins or 2⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- milk or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring the water and salt to boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add oats and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer oatmeal to 6-cup casserole dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients except milk and stir until well combined.
- Bake until set, about 1 hour.
- Divide the porridge into bowls.
- Serve with milk.
Wowzer, tanned, sweetened and studded...oatmeal with character. Goldilocks is sure to take note. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
Great fix it and forget it recipe! I threw everything together while I was home at lunch today and let the flavors meddle in the fridge until dinner time. The smell while baking reminded me of gingerbread and the dark color gives that impression as well. Very flavorful, I loved the raisins in this.
loved this porridge, I have recently started making oatmeal in the oven something I had never tryed in the past, for this I used 1-1/2 cups milk and 1-1/2 cups water, also I increased the brown sugar slightly, I loved this, thanks for sharing Lorrie!