- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup raisins or 2⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- milk or whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring the water and salt to boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add oats and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer oatmeal to 6-cup casserole dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients except milk and stir until well combined.
- Bake until set, about 1 hour.
- Divide the porridge into bowls.
- Serve with milk.