Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Old fashioned Style Peach Cobbler with a buttery lattice crust
- 6 fresh ripe yellow peaches
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup refrigerated butter, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease baking dish.
- Add the refrigerated butter to the flour and use fingers or a fork to mash until the mixture resembles large crumbs. Slowly add the milk until a dough ball forms. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for ten minutes.
- Peach Filling:.
- Boil a pot of water and add the peaches. Boil the Peaches for 3 three minutes and take out and let cool. After cool enough to handle, slowly remove the skin and cut the peach in half. Move each side of the peach in a circular motion to remove the pit. Chop the peach into small pieces and place in a bowl. Add the melted butter, spices, and sugar to coat the peaches. Add the one tablespoon of flour to the peaches.
- After filling is prepared remove it from the fridge. The dough should be cold. Set 1/3 of the dough aside. Roll out the remained of the dough to match your baking dish size. Place into the Baking dish, the dough should be about half an inch thick. Place the filling inside the bottom layer of the crust.
- After, Roll out the remaining 1/3 dough and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Place the strips on the top of the cobbler into a crisscrossed lattice pattern. Bake the cobbler at 325 for 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve!