Gooey, delicious brownies, made the low fat way! These are taken from The 99% Fat Free Cookbook, by Barry Bluestein and Kevin Morrissey. Posted here mostly so I can calculate Weight Watcher points :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together into a large bowl. Add the coffee and corn syrup. Blend with a wire whisk until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Add the applesauce, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely blended. Add the flour. Fold in the yogurt with a wooden spoon just until it is incorporated.
- 3Fold the batter into an 8-by-8 inch nonstick baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the mixture is just beginning to separate from the edges of the pan and is firm to the touch in the centre.
- 4Remove from the oven, place on a rack, and cool completely in the pan, about 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Cocoa Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g