Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
great for afternoon teas or kids lunch boxes
Make and share this old fashioned cheesecakes recipe from Food.com.
- place pastry on a flat surface.
- using a 7cm biscuit cutter, cut out rounds.
- place pastry rounds into patty tins.
- spoon about 1/2 tsp of jam on to the pastry rounds.
- cream butter, lemon rind and sugar until pale.
- beat eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- sift flour and baking powder into creamed mixture.
- stir to combine.
- add milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- spoon batter evenly among the patty tins.
- bake at 190C degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden and cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- transfer to a cooling rack and allow to go cold.
- serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.
- if wished, before baking, place thin strips of left over pastry on top of batter.
We really enjoyed these. I didn't have the correct pastry so I used frozen short crust pastry which I rolled a bit thinner after it thawed. But the filling was the main event and it was delicious. I used raspberry jam and took your advice to place thin strips of the leftover pastry to make Xs on top. They looked really tempting and my young Grandsons enjoyed them. Thank you for the recipe.